As part of the SFB1399, the central coordination office supports an exchange programme with our two partner Unis - Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge and Stanford University, California
Due to the current travel restrictions for 2020, we would like to advertise this year's exchange funds as a start-up funding for applicants who plan to stay abroad in 2021 at either the MIT or Stanford University. The funds can be used as start-up financing for a joint project with the partner universities and can be spent as consumables. Three projects are funded with a total funding of € 1,600 each.
- PhD students and PostDocs associated with the SFB1399
- Project start in 2020
- Letter of motivation (including full contact details)
- Project description (2 pages), including:
- background rationale and topic summary
- specific aims (project hypothesis, experiment strategy, working plan)
- Current CV
- Confirmation of the exchange institution (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, USA (MIT) / Stanford University, California, USA) – Email is sufficient
- Submit your application to info[at]sfb1399.de
- Deadline is the 10th July 2020
- Only complete applications (including all necessary attachments) will be considered
- Multiple applications are not possible
An expert committee decides on the suitability of the applicant for the program based on various criteria.