We are pleased to offer a new workshop on „Resilience Training" for female PostDocs and PhD/MD students together with Heli Korhonen from Scienza.
The workshop will take place on August 18 from 9 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. and is planned as a face-to-face event. If the pandemic situation changes, we may have to switch to online.
The places in the workshop are limited. For binding registration, please send an email to gbosco[at]uni-koeln.de
This resource— and application—oriented workshop is tailormade for female post-docs and phd students. It provides participants with space and an allowance to stop and take a stock of their situation. They will explore the themes of self-care, resilience, motivation and sustainable working practices within the academic setting. We will discuss individual factors influencing one’s psychological health and occupational functionality, such as role expectations, values, motivators,
resources and life-style factors. We will discuss the psychological model of resilience and look at practical ways to implement these concepts in everyday life. Participants will assess their current work-life balance while exploring ways to reallocate resources, time, and value to different areas of their life in order to build a working schedule that is sustainable. Emphasis will be placed on having a reflective experience, promoting benevolence with oneself and in this way, create individual and truly long-lasting solutions.
Content in short
• What is resilience and what does it look like?
• Techniques for building resilience
• Life in balance – how to achieve this?
• Motivation – what drives me
• Identification of one’s priorities & values, implementation in everyday life
• Creation of individual solutions & practice
• Resource-oriented mindset – building a positive error culture
• Building sustainable working plans